LINDAR was awarded gold in the roll-fed, thin-gauge, food-packaging category at the 2019 Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) Thermoforming conference. We custom designed a Simply Secure hinged package for a customer who had several unique challenges for a tamper-obvious food package to merchandise single-serve bakery items, such as mini bombs or single-serve dessert squares.
One of the main requirements in thermoforming the new container was the capability to withstand production automation, automated labeling, and hold the product in place—even if tipped upside down.
Features of the award-winning package:
When closed, the design creates a freshness seal.
- Unique, tapered closure from hinge to front-opening tab.
- Maximized space efficiencies to ship and/or display products.
- Enhanced presentation with black/clear APET material.
- Excellent freezer performance.
- Designed to receive a label that wraps from the top over the hinge and onto the bottom.
- Labeling accommodates USDA requirements while allowing product visibility and stable displays when stacked.
- Supports automation designed to de-nest, place, close, and engage the Simply Secure closure.
A mini bomb (shown in chocolate) or a dessert square are the types of product the award-winning container was designed to hold.
The innovative design for this Simply Secure black-and-clear container was awarded gold at the 2019 SPE conference.