Trim Cell Set-up Tech 3rd Shift
To set up all trim cell equipment safely and efficiently, and to provide trim cell operators with safe, productive, and efficient environments in which they can consistently produce high quality products.
- Consistently live the LINDAR core values of Integrity, Initiative, Relationships and Teamwork
- Responsible for the safety, training, direction, and performance of all production trim cell personnel.
- Responsible for the proper startup, shut down, and operation of all trim cell equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting on all trim cell equipment and processes and conducts minor repair of machines as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance (PM) tasks as required.
- Monitors trim cell equipment condition and operating parameters. Observes and inspects equipment for damage or problems. Communicates potential problems to the appropriate personnel by creating tooling work orders and/or COGZ requests.
- Participates in tear-downs and setups of all trim cell equipment, including but not limited to: three and five axis routers, robotic trim cells, clicker presses, and hand-routing and/or trimming equipment.
- Produce qualified First Parts.
- Communicates any and all issues pertaining to production proficiency to appropriate personnel.
- Completes required daily paperwork in an accurate and timely manner when operating trimming equipment. Monitors and corrects the daily paperwork of Production trim cell personnel as needed.
- Maintains clean equipment, a clean shop, and a safe work area to ensure compliance with AIB, ISO, and in accordance with Lean practices and principles.
- Monitors trim cell equipment in use to achieve standard production rates, and intervenes to correct procedures, practices, and equipment use when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience operating manufacturing equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with managing and meeting production goals
- Exposure to or experience with high-speed automated equipment and processes
Essential Job Functions
- Able to work with, develop and support strong teams.
- Possesses a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Possesses strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot production and equipment issues.
- Willing and able to share technical knowledge and skills with others.
- Able to effectively manage time in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Ability to recognize product defects.
- Able to read and comprehend work instructions, bills of manufacturing (BOMs), production schedule, and other production information.
- Understands and supports Lean principles and participates in LINDAR Safety and Lean initiatives, such as Tool Box meetings, 5-S, QEKs, etc.
- Able to perform basic math functions.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package.
- 401 (k) with company match
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance