Set-Up Technician 2nd Shift
To set up manufacturing equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Responsible for setting up Consumer Products thermoformers and related production equipment to meet production schedule requirements.
- Performs minor troubleshooting on all work cell equipment and processes and conducts minor repair of machines as needed.
- Observes and inspects equipment and tooling during the tool prep, tool removal, and tool installation for damage and/or problems. Communicates potential problems to the appropriate personnel by creating tooling work orders and/or COGZ requests.
- Performs necessary repairs to tooling and works with Tooling department for major tool repairs.
- Set up thermoforming equipment to established recipes, and work with work cell operators to produce qualified First Parts.
- Completes pre- and post-production tooling inspection forms in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains clean equipment, a clean shop, and a safe work area to ensure compliance with AIB, ISO, and in accordance with Lean practices and principles.
- Maintains standard setup and changeover rates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience operating manufacturing equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to or experience with high-speed automated equipment and processes
Essential Job Functions
- Able to work with, develop and support strong teams.
- Possesses a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Possesses strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot production and equipment issues.
- Willing and able to share technical knowledge and skills with others.
- Able to effectively manage time in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Ability to recognize product defects.
- Able to read and comprehend work instructions, bills of manufacturing (BOMs), production schedule, and other production information.
- Understands and supports Lean principles and participates in LINDAR Safety and Lean initiatives, such as Tool Box meetings, 5-S, QEKs, etc.
- Able to perform basic math functions.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package.
- 401 (k) with company match
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance