CNC Set-Up Tech – 2nd shift
To set up manufacturing equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Set up and operate a CNC machine (Welding, Mill, Lathe) to fabricate parts from blueprints and drawings.
- Read and interpret blueprints and engineering drawings to determine necessary material quantities and sizes.
- Prepare and place material on the table or other workbench for cutting or shaping.
- Cut material using precision diamond or grinding machines to shape tiny parts or large-scale patterns.
- Set up machines for repeated use (e.g. 3D printing).
- Monitor machine operation and report any issues or malfunction.
- Document all actions and results of a machine using our Quicktime 3D CAD software.
- Check quality of finished parts against specifications using an external quality inspector.
- Maintain clean work area and tools in order to ensure high quality standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience operating CNC machines in a manufacturing environment (CNC Welding, Mill, Lathe)
- High school diploma or GED; college degree preferred
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Use manual dexterity with small hand tools
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Understand basic math skills
- Work independently
- Follow verbal instructions
- Communicate with supervisors and coworkers
- Maintain positive attitude
- Work well with others
- Pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to work overtime when required
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package.
- 401 (k) with company match
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance