LINDAR was awarded gold in the roll-fed, thin-gauge, food-packaging category at the 2019 Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) Thermoforming conference. We custom designed a Simply Secure hinged package for a customer who had several unique challenges for a tamper-obvious package to merchandise single-serve bakery items, such as mini bombs or single-serve dessert squares.
One of the main requirements in thermoforming the new container was the capability to withstand production automation, automated labeling, and hold the product in place—even if tipped upside down.
Features of the award-winning package:
- When closed, the design creates a freshness seal.
- Unique, tapered closure from hinge to front-opening tab.
- Maximized space efficiencies to ship and/or display products.
- Enhanced presentation with black/clear APET material.
- Excellent freezer performance.
- Designed to receive a label that wraps from the top over the hinge and onto the bottom.
- Labeling accommodates USDA requirements while allowing product visibility and stable displays when stacked.
- Supports automation designed to de-nest, place, close, and engage the Simply Secure closure.
The innovative, Simply Secure package looks great and exceeded all of our customer’s requirements for new, perishable food packaging. As a result, our customer was able to secure new products with a national retailer, because forming inspiration is a key principal of our product development team.
Learn more about our custom and stock packaging capabilities at lindarcorp.com/food-packaging/